The UBC China Council (CC) is a cross-university group of faculty experts with diverse voices that helps catalyze, facilitate, and support UBC’s engagement with China. It also advises the UBC leadership on strategy for UBC’s engagement with China, and how events involving China may affect university operations. As an advisory group, it does not determine university operations, nor does it determine the university’s response to events.
What we do:
- Advise the UBC leadership on its strategy towards China;
- Serve as a hub of information on China for UBC and a broader community;
- Act as a coordinating unit for UBC’s activities with China;
- Promote new opportunities for UBC to deepen its engagement with China;
- Organize public events to improve the mutual understanding between Canada and China;
- Respond to varies requests from the community in regards with their China activities.